Thursday, June 26, 2008

Little Miss Maya

Maya is the daughter of Laci Cook, owner of Pawsitive Animalworks (http://www.pawsitiveanimalworks.com/). Laci does an amazing job grooming Chipper!

Anyhoot, I digress, John and I arrived at Laci's house to find Maya being a little shy. "Hector, if this doesn't go well, I will pay another sitting fee," Laci said. But John and I worked our little magic on Miss Maya, and she warmed up to us within a few minutes.

We ended Maya's session out at our friends Jodie and Lee's house. They live out in the country and have some really nice rustic buildings that I like to use as backdrops. Lee also does a wonderful job keeping the lawn nicely manicured. They even made us dinner!

As I downloaded and uploaded the images for the slideshow, I was brought to tears....again. I just get so emotional when I capture truly candid moments. I am so blessed to be a photographer.

Maya had so many candid moments that I had trouble narrowing down the 350 raw images to just 50. I know, I know...I went a little crazy, but she was such a joy to photograph.

Here are some of my favorites, and here's the link to her slideshow!