Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Vincents

Papa Vincent (Joe) and I go back a few years. He and I were co-workers at ATSU, along with his wife, Momma Vincent (Leah). Leah played a huge role in spreading the good word about Betsy Bulkley more than a year ago.

Betsy is an amazing photographer who came to Kirksville with her husband, an ATSU medical student. She brought such an amazing vision for photography and inspired me to start my own business. Betsy and her family have moved to Utah and many of her clients were left craving more of her art and talent.

Anyhoot, when Leah called to set up a session for Zach and Kate, I was really nervous and flattered. "Leah used to have Betsy do all her pictures and those are some pretty big shoes to fill," I thought to myself.

"Betsy is a seasoned professional. I'm just getting my feet wet. What if I fail? What if Leah hates the shots? Maybe I shouldn't take her appointments?" I said. John quickly put all that to rest with his support and encouragement. "Ah, just shut-up and go shoot!" He's so supportive isn't he? (eyes roll back into my head)

I just wanted to make sure I could deliver what Leah wanted and what Betsy made look so effortless.

Here are some of my favorite shots and the link to their slideshow.
Hector
Studio 1004