Saturday, December 5, 2009

Isaac & Adrian Briggs | newborn session

I simply couldn't wait to share these images with the world! Last year, I came across the baby art of photographer Carrie Sandoval in San Diego, CA. To say that she is an amazing photographer would be an understatement. She is pure genius! Her newborn photographs are filled with such emotion. If you have time, take a look at her website. It will make you want to have a baby of your own!
Hmm.Hmm.Hmm. John. Let's talk.

I began to study Carrie's techniques. I was determined to learn how to safely and creatively use fabric to suspend a baby in the air. I practiced and practiced with dolls with little success. But nearly a year later, I have conquered the technique.

First up...the Briggs twins. Isaac and Adrian came into the world November 12, a little premature and had to spend 12 days in the hospital. As soon as they were well, Tisha and Dave brought them to the studio.

On Monday, Adrian weighed 4 lbs. 9 oz. and Isaac weighed 6 lbs. 3 oz. I think this first photograph illustrates their size difference perfectly:)
Thank you Tisha and Dave for trusting me with your new children. I am blessed and honored to have met them.