Tuesday, April 20, 2010

8th Commandment | Thou shalt not steal



Intellectual property (IP) refers to creations of the mind: inventions, literary and artistic works, and symbols, names, images, and designs used in commerce.

It's been brought to my attention that there are several aspiring photographers who are using my photographs to generate their own business. Competition is great, but stealing is not so great. My ideas, poses, and photo locations are called "intellectual property" and are protected under copyright laws.

If you are a photographer with a business in the Kirksville area, please, please, please refrain from using my photographs as your inspiration. Studio 1004 clients are everywhere and are watching for intellectual property infringements. Legal action can and will be taken to protect my art and my business.

If you are a potential client who likes our pictures but not our prices, asking another photographer to do something "similar" is also a violation of intellectual property, let alone immoral. So, please do not copy my work or ask someone to copy.

For more information about intellectual property, visit the World Intellectual Property Organization website.

If you would like to understand more about copyright infringement, visit Professional Photographers of America.

Hector Contreras,
Kirksville Photographer
studio1004.net