Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hello World


We're excited about Studio 1004!

Although we are only now opening the studio, the seed was planted nearly ten years ago. You see, I got my first job out of college as a reporter for KWES in Midland, Texas. My second day on the job, I was sent to cover a murder. There was no photographer to be found, even though I was told I would have one.

I arrived at the scene, shot some video, grabbed an interview with the sheriff, and rushed back to the station to make the ten-o-clock news. The next day, the chief photographer, Ben asked, "Who shot your story last night." No one. I shot it myself. "Wow, that was really good video. You should be a photographer instead of a reporter." Bitch please! This face has to be in front of the camera not behind it. Besides, photographers get no respect, and don't get paid enough.
Boy was I wrong, young, and dumb. It may have taken me ten years to find my true calling but I'm glad I did. For the past six months, I eat, breathe, and sleep, photography. I can't get enough. Everywhere I look I see a potential shot.